10 Oral Care Tips for Healthy Teeth
Good oral health is much more than a radiant smile on your face.
It uplifts your confidence and invites a lot of positive energy. It will reflect in your over all personality and lifestyle too.
Here are 10 simple but effective tips for your dental health.
1. Brushing daily : Regular and proper brushing of teeth twice a day is a must to keep your teeth clean and healthy.
Technique :Ensure that your clean both front and back of all your teeth gently with up-down and circular motion.
2. Toothpaste : Choose a fluoride toothpaste for best results. It will prevent your teeth enamel from eroding.
Quantity :Use the right quantity of toothpaste. Squeeze out half the length of the bristle head, to easily measure it out.
3. Toothbrush : Always choose a quality brush with soft bristles. Keep in mind to change it every 3 months and also remember to keep it clean after every use for best results.
4. Floss and rinse : Floss between your teeth once daily. Apart from rinsing after every meal, use an anti-cavity mouthwash once a day. This will protect your teeth from decaying and prevent bad breathe.
5. Clean the tongue : Your tongue probably has more bacteria than on your teeth. Oral hygiene is never complete without cleaning your tongue.
Instrument :Tongue cleaners of different material and types are easily available in the market. Gently scrubbing your tongue with the toothbrush while brushing is also a good way to clean it.
6. Healthy diet : Your teeth need calcium and vitamin D to maintain itself. Add a lot of fresh fruits and crunchy vegetables to your diet. Chewing them helps to clean your teeth naturally.
Test :Chew an apple or your favourite crunch vegetable and then run your tongue above your teeth, are they more
7. Care for gums : Only healthy gums can hold your teeth strong. Regularly clean your gums, but avoid using toothpick as it does more harm than good. Examine your gums for signs of issues like bleeding or swelling.
Fact :Lack of vitamins and nutrients can lead to unhealthy gums. Check with your dentists for nutrients supplements,
8. Hydrate : Drink plenty of water to hydrate your body. This will maintain the pH level in your mouth and prevent it from turning acidic.
Secret :Drinking enough water is the best remedy for eliminating bad breathe.
9. Limit unhealthy food : Soda, alcohol, sugary food are all enemies of your teeth. Try to avoid or minimize consuming them.
10. Visit dentist : One of the most important rule in maintaining good oral hygiene is is to consult the specialist on regular intervals. They can guide you take precautions to avoid health issues and protect your teeth.